Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2021

 Niagara Falls




Niagara Falls is a group of three waterfalls at the southern end of Niagara Gorge, spanning the border between the province of Ontario in Canada and the state of New York in the United States. The largest of the three is Horseshoe Falls, also known as Canadian Falls, which straddles the international border of the two countries. The smaller American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls lie within the United States. Bridal Veil Falls is separated from Horseshoe Falls by Goat Island and from American


FUN FACTS


  • The Falls at Niagara are about 12,000 years old.
  • Falls were formed when melting glaciers formed massive fresh-water lakes (the Great Lakes) one of …
  • Currently, Niagara Falls wears its way back another approximately 1 foot/year.
  • The Niagara River flows at approximately 35 miles/hour (56.3 kilometers/hour).


I bet you if you visit you will not regret it. i wish i could go there one day !!

2 comments:

  1. I love to see Niagara Falls one day! I hope you get there one day Jordan. I didn;t know that is was wearing away 1 foot per year. But with all that water, I guess it makes sense. Well done for setting out a interesting blog post.
    - Mrs Hobbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan, i like your topic about Niagara falls because it's interesting.

    Bye i can't wait until school is open to see you and me friends!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post